This presentation has been designed to answer your many questions regarding TMD Neuromuscular diagnosis.
Click the picture to begin an interactive educational presentation.
Common TMJ Disorder Symptoms:
Frequent unexplained headaches and migraine headaches Pain in the:
- Jaw, face, neck, or shoulder
- Clicking, locking, stiff or sore jaw – especially when chewing, yawning or eating
- Grinding or clenching teeth
TMJ Disorder Symptoms and Treatment
Make sure to first discuss all your symptoms and treatment options with your dentist and get a thorough examination. Your dentist will want to rule out other dental possibilities for your symptoms. There are a number of treatments available, ranging from simple and gentle to the more aggressive and permanent. It best to make simple adjustments first, like eating soft foods, and not chewing gum, and consider more complex or permanent solutions only if necessary. Discuss available options with your dentist.
We start with the simplest solutions and move to the more complex:
- Improving posture
- Getting more sleep and better sleep
- Improving your diet
- drinking plenty of water
- Massaging face, neck and shoulders, muscles
- Reducing stress, and learning relaxation techniques
- Relaxing the jaw, and learning to keep a relaxed position
- Avoiding certain chewy foods
- Avoiding big yawns and other stressful jaw movements
- Moist heat or cold packs
- Over-the-counter pain medications
- Prescription anti-inflammatory medications or muscle relaxants
- Neuromuscular treatment
- Orthotics mouthpieces and other appliances designed to fit or adjust your bite or to relieve stress on the TMJ
- Jaw joint or disc replacement
- Full mouth reconstruction
To learn more about TMD Neuromuscular diagnosis at our Las Vegas office, please call (702) 648-3427 or fill out the form to the right.